Monday, November 9, 2009

Joe Froggers Stoch Tape and Jelly beans...

After yesterdays post I'm moving on to lighter topics for a day:) I've got a recipe for some cookies called Joe Froggers I'm dying to try out and I'm wanting some Jelly Belly's. I've got a Scotch Magic Tape and a Jelly Belly addiction. The signs of the addictions are as follows for the Tape addiction: there are used pieces of scotch tape everywhere, whenever I come across a sticky tape, I have to touch it, finding tape stuck odd places (like on my butt, or my husbands butt), always always finding scotch tape in the washer and dryer, a constant need to know where my tape is exactly and the compulsion to play with it when stressed or bored. The Jelly Belly addiction signs: little containers with Jelly Belly's stashed here and there, a craving for flavors like caramel corn, toasted marshmallow, coconut, and red apple, but only in jelly bean form, the inability to walk past a Jelly Belly display without buying some. I could try to fight these addictions, but I am weak(and lack the wanting to fight them).

Now the Joe Froggers, they are a gingerbread molasses type of cookie, but with dark rum in them. They were made by these folks called Old Black Joe and Auntie Crese who lived in Marblehead Massachusetts in the early 1800's. They made these cookies the size of dinner plates and they were really popular with the fishermen. Originally they were called Joe's Froggers, but the "s" on Joe's got dropped and now they are just called Joe Froggers. I'm planning to make them today, I'll post tomorrow with my thoughts one these cookies with the awesomely cool name (for any who don't know, My hubby's name is Joe and I go by Tad or Tadpole mostly and love frogs).

Bright Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment